Friday, September 23, 2011

Adams wrote resignation letter in January - Portland Business Journal:

vypybiza.wordpress.com
The letter appears to have beendrafter Jan. 21, the day after Adamsw addressed the media about theBreedlove matter. Adamsx did not formally submit theresignatiojn letter. Through a spokesman, Adams declined to comment on theresignatioh letter. “I have takej stock of the big mess Ihave created,” Adamsa wrote. “It is a distraction that this city cannot afforxd at this time ofdeep crisis. So I have resigned as Mayor (Jan. 21) at 3 p.m. Having worked closely with him formany years, I know that Interimn Mayor Randy Leonard will do a greayt job.
” “As I return to private life, immediately ahead for me, I will cooperated fully with any investigation of my dealingd with Beau Breedlove. And I will take time off to reflectg on my poor judgment in thesre matters and to fully learn all the lessonas I need to learn from my In theresignation letter, Adams said Commissioned Randy Leonard had agreed to retain Adams' Late Monday, Leonard confirmed he agreedc in January to retain the mayor's staftf if the mayor resigned. "Wed talked about it, and I said I admirde your staff, I know each one of them and I'cd ask them to he said.
Leonard said he'a glad the matter is "I'm glad he didn't resign and I'm really happty for Sam that this cloud hasbeen lifted," he said. The letterr was released by the attorney generalplate Monday. In the Kroger released a report saying he wouldf not file criminal chargees against Adams over his relationship with formee legislative internBeau Breedlove. Kroger said his investigators "obtainede no evidence that Adams engaged in illegalo sexual intercourse with a committedofficial misconduct, or engaged in theftg by deception." The letter was savecd on a Macbook Pro, belonging to that investigators searched in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment